Cultural Services Learning & Development
Our relationship with the Library sector started more than twelve years ago, when we delivered a Customer Care course for a County Library & Information Service.
Since this time we have gained a wealth of experience in working with library services in both the public & academic sectors. More recently we have worked with various sectors of cultural services including some national musuems. Designing and delivering a variety of learning programmes from Customer Care to Leadership Development.
Our Programmes include:
Bitesize workshops include:
- Creating Successful Library Outreach
- Dealing with Difficult & Challenging Situations
- Flexible Working within a Changing Cultural Services Environment
- Floorwalking for Service Excellence
- Floorwalking with Purpose - "Selling your Service"
- How to get "Best Value" from your training budget - Train the trainer
- Managing a Contracting Service
- Managing a Shared Service - The Personal Dimension
- Managing & Working with Volunteers
- Managing Emotional Stress
- Managing People in Difficult Times
- Organising Events on a Shoestring
- Promoting and Selling your Service
- Promoting Your Service Through Conversation
- Removing barriers to working with Teenagers
- Selling Yourself: Changing Career Paths in Midstream
- Service Excellence in a Changing Environment
- Stepping up to the Role
- Stress Management for Cultural Services Staff
- Successful Partnership Working for Staff in Cultural Services
- Supporting Customers & Staff Through Change
- The 21st Century Manager
- The Mysteries of Floorwalking Unfurled
We do not claim to be cultural services professionals, but we are experts in understanding human behaviour and the affects of change upon individuals and organisations.
We have worked with library services large and small, assisting and supporting them in introducing floorwalking and pro-active library services, which means that we have a wealth of knowledge and best practice to share in the workshops.
• Bespoke - which are specifically designed and written to achieve aims either already predetermined by the client or achieved in discussion with the client.
• Off the Shelf - delivered to the client’s personnel generally on the clients premises – these are termed in house.
• Open courses –specifically designed for Cultural Services, delivered on various dates and locations throughout the country and are open to anyone.
Cultural Services Team
Michelle McArthur-Morgan is one of only 15 Certified Learning Practitioners in the country and has a way of instilling confidence in those who are not so sure. A comment she regularly receives at the end of a course is “Are you sure you have never worked in a library? You seem to know and empathise with all our challenges.” Michelle has some 20+ years experience of working with award winning service delivery teams.
- Manage Change
- Conflict Management
- Manage Workload
- Too Many Balls
- Self & Others
- Customer Service