Effective Conflict Management & Resolution (Reconciliation)
As organisations grow more complex with the use of teams, group decisions and globalisation the number of instances of employee conflicts has doubled. Supervisors spend more than 25% of their time and managers 18% of theirs on relational employee conflicts.
Conflict significantly affects employee morale, turnover, and litigation, which affects the prosperity of a company, either constructively or destructively. (Lang, 2009, p. 240)
Conflicts are a fact of organisational life and it takes a great intellectual skill and emotional resilience to sort out. What often prevents conflict resolution is the assumption that the conflict is simply about a business issue. Research shows that, in most cases, the issue is simply a symptom of the clashes of personality and character. Until these underlying conflicts are sorted out, new issues will keep emerging.
The Effective Conflict Management & Resolution course is not a theoretical exercise in conflict resolution, but a practical application for people involved in a real conflict.
• Different perspectives on the conflict at issue
• Triggers of Conflict
• Recognising the early warning signs
• Getting to know yourself and your adversary
• Managing the resolution meeting – protocols and tools
• Finding the common ground
• A strategy for moving on
• Putting the strategy into practice
• Preventing future conflicts
• Recognise the ability to identify potential sources of future conflict and deal with the behaviours which ignite it.
• Recognise early warning signs
• Manage conflict assertively and constructively using conflict resolution tools
• Prevent conflict and escalation of conflict in the future
• Tools & techniques for dealing with difficult circumstances
• Recognise the need to control one’s anxieties, fears and anger
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in conflict situations or needs to manage conflict