Floorwalking for Service Excellence
This workshops introduces practical tools and techniques which can be used to increase the confidence and the skills of staff who are required to deliver service excellence and find floorwalking a little daunting or outside their comfort zone.
This workshop builds upon the “The Mysteries of Floorwalking Unfurled programme”
• The role of a Floorwalker
• Qualities & skills of a modern library, museum and gallery assistant
• The importance of first impressions
• How approachable am I?
• The Customer Radar
• Building Rapport
• Engaging the customer
• Barriers to floorwalking
• Strategies to overcome the barriers
• Personal action plans
One Day Workshop
• Understand why floorwalking is an important part of delivering a modern library, museum and gallery service
• Understand the role of a floorwalker
• Be aware of the benefits of floorwalking
• Develop the skills required to be a competent floorwalker
• Overcome the fear of floorwalking and other common barriers
• Develop techniques to ease the pain
Who should attend?
Library, museum and gallery staff and supervisors