Managing a Contracting Service
This workshop examines the future of the Library, Museum & Gallery Services and the challenge facing those who are responsible for delivering the service.
• The Big Picture – discussion on the implications of the Government cuts and the Big Society for Cultural Services. Where will we be in five years time?
• The role of managers in the age of austerity
• Qualities and skills of managers – identifying the skill gaps
• People Management – how to get the best from a workforce under threat
• Managing the transition
• Tough conversations – delivering bad news
• Supporting the team after ‘the axe’ has fallen
• An insight into the future challenges facing library, museum and gallery services
• An opportunity to share best practice & network with your peers
• Develop knowledge & strategies to prepare for the new era of management in the age of austerity
Who should attend?
Cultural Services supervisors & managers.