Promoting Your Service Through Conversation
With the introduction of Self Service, the national opportunities for conversations about reading and books which took place at the counter have disappeared.
Floorwalking is now standard practice in libraries, yet many staff do not maximise the effectiveness of their time spent out with the customer.
This workshop provides staff with the Knowledge, Skills and Confidence to recognise and seize the opportunities to have quality conversations with their customers to promote reading and book issues.
• Pro-active promotion and selling within a library environment
- What do we mean by pro-active working?
- The benefits of working pro-actively
- Barriers to working pro-actively
- Tools and techniques to break down barriers
• The psychology of selling
- Understanding the needs of individuals
- Engaging the customer
• The Selling and Promotion of Reading and Issues
- Using the resources and props around you
- Seeking out and creating opportunities
- The tools of selling and promoting
Promoting Your Service Through Conversation is delivered in one-day.
• Create and recognise opportunites for interacting with customers and promoting reading/book issues
• Be confident to approach customers and engage them in qualitative conversations about stock
• Awareness of the resources and props available to facilitate customer interactions
• Practical knowledge and tools for promoting and "selling" reading and stock issues
“Well presented, Good Examples, Good Management of time, I would recommend this course to other colleagues.”
Beverley Richards – City of Sheffield
Who should attend?
All staff who work with the public