Stepping up to the Role
According to research by CIPD the key reason employees leave an organisation is their manager. Managers can make the difference between having an engaged and motivated workforce and low morale and underperformance. Managing people is one of the toughest challenges faced in the workplace. This workshop has been designed for people who are just stepping up to the role of managing others or it is a useful refresher for those who would like to update their skills and knowledge. This workshop incorporates the latest research from neuroscience and the important findings for the way we manage and lead others.
• The role and purpose of the modern manager
• Leadership V Management
• Developing High Performance, Effective Teams using whole brain leadership tools and techniques
• Motivation, Inspiration and Influencing – using the latest research in Neuro leadership, learners explore how to influence, inspire and enable staff to be intrinsically motivated to achieve key deliverables
• Creating ownership and responsibility
• Following up and reviewing action plans and goals
• Managing Performance
• Dealing with difficult and challenging staff
Stepping up to the Role is delivered in two-days.
• Know the behaviours expected in the role of supervisors/managers
• Awareness of the different leadership styles and the appropriateness for different situations
• Take away tools and techniques to engage, lead and manage the performance of team members to enable effective team working and high performance
• Get the best from your team
• Develop a culture of ownership amongst team members
• Use your time effectively
• Confidence to provide feedback and manage underperformance
“Really enjoyed it. I have worked for M&S, BT & KCC and felt I got more out of this one day course than I have from previous courses over the years. Highly recommended.”
Sarah Caple – Kent County Council
Who should attend?
Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders