Removing the Barriers to Working with Teenagers
This workshop looks at how to engage successfully with teenagers, creating a firm foundation for effective outreach and sustainable participation.
• Popular mutual misconceptions
• Exploring your target group
• Benefits of consultation with your market
• Importance of partnership working
• Taking your colleagues with you – changes to implement at local level
• Greater understanding of barriers to successful engagement with teenagers.
• Creation of strategies to remove barriers and deliver relevant services to teenagers.
• Identification of actions to implement this within your specific setting.
“More aware of ways of engaging young people without inflicting adultism. Enjoyable, informative, thought provoking. Makes me realise how much there is to do.”
Jane Humm – Luton Cultural Services
Who should attend:
Frontline library, museum and gallery staff